It’s Administrative Professionals Week! As business owner I can tell you, a good administrative professional is the backbone of the office. He/She performs a variety of tasks including but not limited to scheduling, managing supplies, writing correspondence, handling calls, making travel arrangements and interacting with your customers. The purpose of Administrative Professionals Week is to acknowledge and appreciate those indispensable people who keep our offices running, doing all the things that need to be done so business owners can focus on growing their businesses.
To help bosses along (apart from giving the usual flowers and candy) here are ten (10) suggestions for bosses to show their appreciation on Administrative Professionals Day.
Each business relationship is different so you may want to talk to your assistant first.
1. Give a nice gift basket.
2. Find out who her/his favorite author is and buy their latest book.
3. Give a gift certificate for a dinner for two or an evening at a hotel or resort.
4. Take her/him out for a nice, long lunch at a local fine restaurant.
5. Give a spa gift certificate.
6. Book and pay to have his/her car tuned up and spring cleaned.
7. Present a plaque for her/his years of valued work.
8. Arrange for groceries to be paid for and delivered.
9. Offer a day off!
10. Buy her jewellery of course!
Remember that the best gift shows your thoughtfulness and expresses your knowledge of his/her likes and preferences. Of course Administrative Professionals Day or Week isn’t the only time of year you should show your appreciation to the administrative professionals in your life.
Now, if you are an entrepreneur without an assistant, don't let this day go by without patting yourself on the back for handling all your administrative tasks. From today until Friday, receive 20% OFF website purchases only by using discount code ADMIN2018.